Wednesday, March 2, 2011

End of Basketball Season


Basketball season has just ended, as our team lost in the semi-finals of the conference tournament after being the #1 ranked seed (we should've won!). Even though we are losing two important seniors, Luke Calerera and Sam Dworkin, we are optimistic about our chances on winning conference next year.

Over the past 5 months I've gained a few new things thanks to basketball. First, it is really difficult to juggle playing a collegiate sport and maintaining good grades at the college level. And on top of that I was playing some volleyball and lacrosse too! Second, I've gained a whole bunch of new friends that I can count on when I need to. And lastly, from an exercising perspective, I've learned how to take care of my body better. . .

With all the workouts and practices I participate in, it totals to about two per day. With so much exercising, your muscles fatigue and get sore, along with mental exhaustion. Initially, I had poor eating habits. For example, eating to many fried foods, eating right before bed, and at time not eating enough food. Recently I've been drinking plenty of water, mixing protein shakes daily, and eating healthier foods at the correct times of the day (3 meals a day with a late night granola bar before homework). With college food readily available almost all the time, college students should be cautious of what they are consuming to maintain good health.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment